The Board of Directors ("Board") of Kretam Holdings Berhad ("Kretam" or "the Company"), the Management and employees of Kretam and its Group of Companies ("Kretam Group") are committed to observing a high level of professionalism and integrity in the businesses of the Kretam Group.
2. PURPOSE OF THE CODE OF ETHICS AND CONDUCT
This Code of Ethics and Conduct ("Code") provides guidance to the Board, Management and employees of the Kretam Group in the day-to-day operations of the Kretam Group, including dealing with customers, suppliers, shareholders and business associates.
3. AREAS OF CONDUCT
- 3.1 Compliance with Laws
- The Kretam Group will comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. All the Directors and employees of the Kretam Group are expected to understand, act and comply with the laws, rules and regulations that are relevant to their work and duties.
- 3.2 Conflict of Interest
- The Directors and employees are expected to act in the best interests of the Kretam Group. They must refrain from involving themselves in situations of conflict between their own interest and the interest of the Kretam Group. Where any situation of conflict of interest arises, the employee concerned is required to declare such situation to the head of his operating unit and also the Head of Human Resources.
- 3.3 Confidential Information
- All the Directors and employees must protect the confidentiality of the Kretam Group's information which is acquired in the course of their work and not generally known to the public and to guard against unauthorised disclosure or use thereof for personal gain or for any other reason that is not in the best interests of the Kretam Group.
- 3.4 Company Assets and Equipment
- All employees should ensure appropriate use of the Kretam Group's assets and equipment and are responsible to protect them from damage or misuse by unauthorised personnel.
- 3.5 Environment, Health and Safety
- In the course of achieving its business goals, the Kretam Group acknowledges the need to reduce the impact to the environment. All Directors and employees are required to adhere to environmental policies and regulations to preserve the environment and to contribute towards sustainable development.
- It is a priority of the Kretam Group to continually improve and ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all its employees, Directors and business associates. In line with best practice, an Occupational Safety and Health Committee has been established to manage, improve and implement safety and health issues and programmes.
- 3.6 Anti-Corruption
- Employees of the Kretam Group are prohibited from engaging in bribery and corruption in all its forms, and are required to abide by the Kretam Group’s Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy.
- 3.7 Misconduct
- All employees within the Kretam Group must have a correct attitude and discipline to ensure work is done efficiently and effectively. Any form of misconduct or indiscipline will be settled in accordance with the Employees' Conduct and Disciplinary Regulation.
4. REPORTING NON-COMPLIANCE
All employees within the Kretam Group must ensure full compliance with the provisions in this Code. Any employee who is aware of, or suspects, a non-compliance of the Code, is to report it to his/her Division Head, Human Resource Division Head and/or the Board.
5. REVIEW OF THE CODE
The Board will review the Code periodically and make any necessary amendments thereto to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate.