KHB Group is committed to providing a work environment which is conducive, safe and free from harassment.
In line with the policy we shall, subscribe to the following principles:
- Ensure that procedures are in place to prevent sexual harassment and any other forms of violence against women, workers and community;
- Promote and enhance quality of life and well being of the employees and communities;
- Equality of opportunity and treatment in respect to employment and occupation; no discrimination on basis of race, colour, sex, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin.
- Protect the reproductive rights of women;
- Prohibit any form of domestic violence;
- Ensure women are allowed to breastfeed up to NINE months before resuming chemical spraying or usage tasks; and to be given specific break times to enable effective breastfeeding;
- Prohibit any form of forced or trafficked labour or unlawful employment of people;
- Communicate and educate all employees, including contractors and other relevant stakeholders on the understanding of this Policy through sufficient awareness training and development;
- Ensure that NO child (a person under the age of 15 years) or young person (who has attained the age of 15 years but has not attained the age of 18 years) shall be, or be required or permitted to be, engaged in any employment other that those allowed by the laws;
- Establish a Gender Committee that will serve as a platform to organize and encourage related activities for implementing and monitoring the Policy;
- Ensure effective participation of women in decision-making by encouraging them to be members of various committees that are already established such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) committee;
- Maintain and provide open and transparent methods for communication and consultation between the company and employees, local communities and other affected or interested parties;
- Maintain as far as possible the confidentiality of the whistle blower.
Approved By :
Datuk Freddy Lim Nyuk Sang
Chief Executive Officer
1 September 2018